Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

23 June 2010

(4) Queen amongst flowers, adorned

Grandi Flora 
with
Amethyst and Pearl necklace
(design by Son)

When I was in Italy in May this year, it was great to see 'them' again. The magnificent Magnolia Grandi Flora. It is one of my favorite flowers and although it is a Magnolia, to me, they seem to grow much more into huge trees than the other Magnolia's do.
This particular Magnolia flower is sensational. It gives off the most delicate perfume I know which seems to be a mix between lime and vanilla. The flower and its perfume represent a purity and innocence that equals many a poet's description of a beautiful virgin.
The flower itself must be at least 20 to 30 cm. in diameter.

When I lived in England, I had one of these trees planted next to my kitchen door. In te summer I would sit on the kitchen door step and inhale this beautiful scent.

I even displayed some of my jewelry on them.
If ever you have the opportunity to smell the Grandi Flora 'in bloom', take it!
                                 Silver and Pearl earrings.
                                        (design by Son)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beuuuuutyfulllll
ik ben net lid geworden en kan je zo makkelijker volgen,
kus