Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

08 October 2010

Celebration at beautiful location

Last Sunday, Eric and I went to a birthday party.
Birthday girl Wilna had invited her friends and entire family to join her and her husband for some food and drinks, at their beautiful 'home'.

This special family (mentioned above) played an important role in my life, when I was in Holland,  'studying' to become a goldsmith.
My own family lived in England at that time and Mary (who was at college with me) decided to take me under her wing, which meant that I spent many a weekend at her parents.
They took me in, became part of my life and it's always good to see them.

The party was a success.
Everything came together beautifully and, seemingly, without effort (How does she do that???).
From fine drinks, hmmmmm-cooked food and cakes to die for, to lovely company.
It was a warm, sunny evening and I decided to take some pictures of them and their amazing home (well...., more like a castle, really. With a tower and moat!).

birthday girl with cakes
gathering in the kitchen
A home with tower and moat
Fairy tale garden

No comments: