Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

01 November 2010

'Rotterdam-Chick-Invasion' and Cheese fondue

Once upon a time I lived in Rotterdam, for about 10 years. There I made some new friends (Spip + Annelies) and caught up with an old college friend (Gelske).
During that time, we decided it would be a good idea if the four of us would meet up occasionally, and set the world right, over dinner.
However, the last time we met up like that, was about seven years ago, during a visit (because, somehow or other, I had gotten it into my head that it was a good idea to emigrate from Holland).
Now that I was back, it was high time to 'rekindle the old flame'.

Not easy to get these 3 Mighty Maidens together, but we succeeded and so, for a short time, my home was reverberating with the sound of loudly, proclaimed solutions to political problems, profound statements, a no-nonsense approach to life's ups and downs and hilarious anecdotes which made us collapse into fits of laughter.
All of this while eating Salad made by Spip, a proper Cheese fondue + extra's by your's truely and for dessert Annelies had brought home made Apple Pie. Gelske decided to bring us some lovely presents, just for the fun of it.

Late that night, still full of beans, they thought it a good idea to try on my latest jewelry. Spip joined us a bit later and said that we made as much noise as hundreds of chickens trying to 'out-cluck' each other.

When they left, and the door closed behind them, peace settled in my home again. I was walking around with a huge grin on my face, full of admiration for these powerful, strong, yet gentle and considerate women.
Mighty Maidens
Spip preparing a salad
as Ladies look on
Almost ready
Sharing pictures



Thank you for presents
unwrapping
Late night jewelry-fitting

1 comment:

Marlies said...

Love all your photos schwess