Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

08 July 2012

Launch Piaget Rose in Amsterdam

We're in July already and I've been neglecting my blog. I really enjoy 'blogging' but I also really enjoy my goldsmithing work and, thankfully, I've been given more assignments lately. Proper planning is the answer and I'm working on it. One of the 'work related' events, recently, was an invitation to the launch of the Piaget Rose collection at Hotel 717 in Amsterdam.
It was more a sort of 'bi-launch'. A lushious, sweet smelling, cherry-pink rose had been named  after Yves Piaget in 1982 and now a whole new collection of jewellery with a rose-theme was 'revealed'.
Mary had invited me to join her and..BY GUM..I enjoyed myself. Hotel 717 is a beautifully renovated (original style) hotel and as we arrived, we could already smell the mesmerizing, sweet scent of thousands of roses, which only increased, when we entered the courtyard garden which was full with impressive looking people. Ahhhh, the good life..pink roses, pink champagne and pink delicacies, served by young men and women with pink cheeks......oh yes, and there were diamonds too.
Inside, the jewellery was beautifully displayed and, although not all of it was to my specific taste, there were some exquisite pieces there, like this diamond cuff-bracelet.

To see more of the collection click on: PIAGET ROSE.








No comments: