Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

11 March 2013

More neighbourhood-progress

It was the First (and only) day, when the weather was warm enough to sit outside on my balcony, last week. Picture me all homely and peaceful, cleaning, organic, brussels sprouts on a piece of newspaper. Suddenly I heard a low rumble and a lot of clanging noises when, out of nowhere, two huge cranes, slowly, loomed over the rooftops opposite me. What in the....?
Turns out, work has started on renovating the old tram depot, behind the next row of houses, and turning it into a centre for Media, Culture, Fashion and Trade. Tv studios, Cinemas, Restaurants, small businesses, Art, Shops, Training centres...you name it!
It's a large and amazing project, which will take 2 years to build... If they stick to the plan, it will be Good for the neighbourhood!
For those who are interested, please click on: TRAM DEPOT RENOVATION
Here's an impression of what some of it will look like.
I'm really excited about the end product. I realise that after two years of earth tremors, pounding of huge posts into the ground and everything else that comes with building work, I might sing a different tune. But for now....Hey Ho, Here we go...UPWARDS AND ONWARDS.

No comments: