Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

30 June 2011

Dragonfly Doom (photo's of the month)

They're back! With a vengeance, I might add.
Apparently, I live in 'Dragonfly Heaven' although it means 'Dragonfly Doom' for any insect that comes anywhere near this place.
At this time of year, they zip around at incredible speed and when all is calm and there's no wind, I can hear them coming by the 'clicking'sound of their wings.
They are fierce and ferocious insects and show no mercy. Heads roll (literally).
I don't know what it is. Maybe I attract insects, or maybe I look like one, but they seem to have it in for me too. The near misses happen just a little too quickly, too often, for it to be 'just coincidence'.
As for the Damselflies. They're smaller and have a sweet name...but they're NOT!
They're all beautiful...but...those eyes!!!
Here are a few pictures (enlarging, a must).




No comments: