Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

18 July 2011

Do's and don'ts of packing

Packing used to be easy. Fill boxes with...whatever. Make sure they're not too heavy. Wrap delicate items in newspaper. Write FRAGILE!!! in huge letters all over box. Use loads of tape and... Bob's your uncle!,  Eh Presto!... job well done.
This time, I was provided with white paper, tape, sticky labels and two types of boxes, (which is nice), a whole list of do's and don'ts and, to my utter dismay, a 'live' demonstration.

The smaller boxes are for books and books only! These have a red line printed all around the inside (about two thirds up the side) and my books are not to cross that line! (Why not just make the boxes smaller?) The labels can only be used on these smaller boxes and must be placed on the therefore designated 'stick-your-label-here-mark'. I am not allowed to close them by folding, nor by using tape.

The larger boxes I can fill to the brim, but, understandably, they can't be too heavy. I was shown how to fold them and was told to use tape...but only one piece, and only over the length of the box. Any information is to be written only on that piece of tape. Do not use the sticky labels, do not use tape anywhere else, do not write on the boxes, do not.....ohhh, for crying out loud!!!!!! Somebody stop me, before I commit a 'packing-crime'!!!

No comments: