Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

07 May 2012

'Stare-Dare' with Blue Heron, 'The Great'.

On Sundays, on my way to the Vondelpark, I walk past a particular house boat, which seems to have been picked by a Blue Heron as 'his' ideal 'Vista-Base'. As I cross the bridge, I can usually spot him, doing one of his 'living-statue' impressions. A while ago, The Heron and I came to some unspoken agreement....and we both prepare ourselves for what's coming next. I calm myself and whisper the words:...concentrate Son... ...cooooncentrate! On his part there's a definite ruffling of feathers, 'puffing up' and elongating of neck. Our eyes lock and the 'stare-dare-game' has started. Who wil avert his/her eyes first? So far, The Heron's won, every time.
Not, that I'm afraid of him.....but....well...you know...!
Best when enlarged!

No comments: