Photographs, Jewellery, Food and Life by Son Memelink

19 July 2010

Friends and food

Herbs and Pesto.
I am sure that when my British friends (especially 'The Girls') read this, they will fall off their chairs with incredulity in their eyes.
Fact is that I have started experimenting with cooking and (yes it's true) having people over for dinner.
I don't have a lot of photographic proof yet, but it will surely come. Mark my words!
Here's a picture of my home made pesto (with Tuscan Olive oil  and Parmesan cheese which we bought in Italy) and my teenie-weenie, but utterly sufficient 'Herb Garden'.

Also some pictures of my friend and I cooking in 'her' kitchen. They'd invited us over for a barbecue. We had Lamb filet, Red Gurnard, Scallops, Gambas + garlic bread and salad
One advantage of both of us having been born and raised in the tropics is that we ladies know how to light a barbecue (while the men took the dog for a walk).
Dessert! I now know how to make this 'pavlova extraordinaire'. Orange inside, because it was the day before the World Cup Final.... Didn't help though.

No comments: